Aboriginal girls dancing in Festival  

Posted by Unknown in






Aboriginal Djarragun College students from around Cairns, Far North Queensland, Australia, perform traditional dances during the Girringun Festival in Cardwell. They depict the creation of animals and traditional healing of snake bite.
Video Rating: 4 / 5








Alright, so this started as kind of like a "dare" from my sister. I mockingly said, "If I make videos on how to do the dances, will you dance them the next time your in FL." and she said yes, so guess what. That's what this is. The Round-up is a country night club in Downtown Tampa, FL, that me and a lot of my friends like to go to. It's country line dancing. So this is for my sis, but if others watch and like, then leave a comment! Yeah, this is kind of stupid, embarrassing, and ridiculous, but we had a lot of fun doing it. So here it is, episode 3! This is the second installment, "The Twist." PS: We are not endorsing or sponsoring the Round-up, we just like going there. :) Disclaimer: We do not own the song, "Redneck Girl", we are just using it for teaching purposes. The song is by The Bellamy Brothers. Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com

36 Comments

so beautiful, i love the indigenous people! keep up the good work, well done

@fj1764

What a piece of scum you are.

You can try my little friend and you will fail...like you do at every thing else.

yep

LOL

liketammysaids   says June 19, 2011 at 4:26 PM

LOL stop stealing my idea!

i wish we killed them all off to be honest

The Aboriginal people are the only reason why I would go to Australia! Great!

Soul music, earth music.
Makes my heart beat faster, this was quality.
Thank you for sharing.

totalfreedom10   says June 19, 2011 at 7:03 PM

this is the music of the soul
thank
much love
gian
italy milano

MaRgArEtBaRnEsH   says June 19, 2011 at 7:13 PM

solid

last chance Latino women need to meet you rockmycity.info

Latino women need to be your wife rockmycity.info

vishakarethiva   says June 19, 2011 at 8:38 PM

real Latino women here rockmycity.info

I like to see both of you doing that on a real dance floor (smilles)

donkeykongslacker   says June 19, 2011 at 9:37 PM

this looks like a fun time

wow this is so gay and preppy

ok ohh n i seee that is the name of the dance/song ohh i am sorry

NOT TRUE

hey if you are a red nack all red neck people are mean aka they dont like black pleple

this is so much more fun in the partner dance!!

you need to give step sheets with your videos.

xroxysunflowerx   says June 20, 2011 at 12:17 AM

I like how in the intro you step on your kitty...and it jumps. Cute.

But good dancin! I go to Cowboys in Orlando. Very similar dances! Glad to know I can travel to Tampa and do the same ones!

I'm actually editing one right now. I hope to have it up by Monday. :) (finally right? XD lol)

You guys need to post more videos!!!

Thanks so much for making this video! Now I know Redneck Girl!! yay!! I cant wait to go to Round Up!!!

I know ropers closed down but then Mustanges opened in the same building off of lorna road.. unless they closed down in the last couple of months they are still there but ill have ti find out!

I heard mustangs closed!! :(

Mustangs on lorna road off of Hway 31!!!

phoenixfire110   says June 20, 2011 at 3:00 AM

umm thanks? haha :) We don't own a pair of boots. xD Yeah I really should invest in a pair of boots but the socks help with the rug burn, and I can slip and slide on the rug, lol. :P

You guys look just like me dancing! lol except i wear my boots! (feels better) But if anyone knows where to go near Birmingham, Al to learn and dance, let me know.

OMG; I used to go to the round up all the time xD

Nice video guys. I miss going every Friday night. D=

phoenixfire110   says June 20, 2011 at 4:19 AM

yeah I know I can't count. I'm not a musician or professional dance instructor so I'm still working on that part. XD

thedancingcowboy   says June 20, 2011 at 5:03 AM

Great film making! The dog is a riot! Try the club mix of Boot Scootin Boogie for a long song!! Keep it up!

your steps are good and easy to follow, but your counting sucks...

phoenixfire110   says June 20, 2011 at 5:43 AM

I wrote the name and singer in the info section on the right. It's "redneck Girl" by the Bellamy Brothers.

Post a Comment

Archives